Hallett Movers values our people: each staff person plays a critical role in providing the exceptional service for which Hallett is known.
A midsize company, Hallett offers hands-on experience within a tight-knit team that values the full scope of an individual’s skill and potential. We strive to create a work environment that promotes individual wellbeing and professional success.
We have been moving in the Chicago area since 1926, and we take pride in our relationships with the institutions and iconic spaces of this great city. Our teams demonstrate respect and appreciation for the communities we serve and the objects we handle. We also value a positive attitude, flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to learn basic responsibilities and improve skills and qualifications. We encourage candidates to apply who have team leadership experience or interest.
The Hallett advantage includes:
- On-the-job training with new and challenging situations.
- Opportunities to learn a trade and to cross-train for different roles.
- Opportunities to increase seniority, responsibility, and pay-rate, including clear pathways from mover to supervisor for those interested.
- A work environment built on mutual respect and clear communication.
- The stability of a nationwide company rooted in local community, family-owned in its third generation.
- Competitive pay, paid holidays and vacation days.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance.
- Yearly bonuses, 401K plan, and profit sharing.
Hallett is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Driver with commercial licensing (CDL(A-B)): drivers are a union position that work with the dispatcher and the move team leader and movers to transport both staff and client goods. Work hours include some weeknights and weekends. Hallett is a safety-oriented company that requires adherence to related policies and procedures and safe operation of company vehicles and equipment at all times. Requirements include: clean driving record and knowledge of DOT regulations; the ability to plan ahead and adjust to traffic routes, knowledge of city and suburbs helpful; read, write, understand, and speak basic English; the ability to work with basic tools; and passing a physical that confirms the ability to work on stairs and ramps; be able to lift, push, and carry at least 75 lb.
- Movers/Union Helpers: helpers are entry level union positions on the moving team that are working to pack, lift, and transport client goods. They assist and spot drivers. Work hours include some weeknights and weekends. Hallett is a safety-oriented company that requires adherence to related policies and procedures and safe operation of company vehicles and equipment at all times. Requirements include: valid driver’s license and clean driving record; read, write, understand, and speak basic English; the ability to work with basic tools; and passing a physical that confirms the ability to work on stairs and ramps; be able to lift, push, and carry at least 75 lb.
- Summer work for young adults: seasonal associates are valued members of our moving teams, with opportunities to work in multiple roles on location as well as in the office and warehouse. We take pride in training and building skills in enthusiastic, reliable local young people who are eager to learn and grow. We are glad to work with schools offering credit to working students. Some summer associates return for years, and a few find positions on the team when they are ready for full-time, yearlong work.
All eligible applicants must be at least 18 years old.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We accept applications on a rolling basis for full-time, part-time, temporary, and seasonal positions.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org